Tuesday 9 August 2011

Daily Challenge #3 - Wednesday

Here's the daily challenges for Wednesday. Remember all entries to Ms Tataurangi by 3.00pm

Level 1: Motorbikes
I own 5 motorbikes and a very large garage.
If I can see 2 motorbikes parked outside the garage, how many are inside?

Level 2:  Shopping
Rahera has $20. She gets $6.40 change after buying a present for her Mum. How much was the present?

Level 3:  Dogs
I have three dogs of different ages. If I add their ages together I get 15. If I multiply their ages together I get 45. How old are my dogs?
Level 4:  How Far?
At 1:00pm, two aircraft take off, one after the other, from Auckland airport. One lands at Christchurch airport at 2:30pm and the other lands at Sydney airport at 2:30pm. Does that mean that Christchurch and Sydney are both the same distance from Auckland?
If not, how long does the plane going to Sydney actually take?

3 comments:

  1. Here is Room 8's answer to the Level One question -
    There are 3 motorbikes in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Room 4 says the answer to Level 4 is 3 1/2 hours for the flight to Sydney. Sydney is further away than Christchurch but they are 2 hours behind New Zealand! Thanks for the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My answer for Level 3 is the dogs are 1,5,9 years old. 1+5+9=15 and 1x5x9=45
    Thanks
    Edward Rm4

    ReplyDelete