Tuesday 9 August 2011

Daily Challenge 2 - Tuesday

Hi everyone,
To enter our school challenge you need to forward your responses to Ms Tataurangi in the following ways.
1. By posting on our blog,
2. By taking photos and putting them in our Maths Week Folder on Teachers Drive,
3. By drawing pictures and sending them to Room 8 by 3.00pm.


Winners will be announced the following morning.


1. Snow White has baked 7 cupcakes for the dwarfs.  Each cupcake has 2 candles  on top.  How many candles are there altogether on all the cupcakes?
2: Mrs Dawson has five bowls of oranges on her desk.  In one jar she has one orange.  In another jar she has two oranges.  In another jar she has double that many oranges. In yet another jar she has double that many, and in the fifth jar she has double that many again.

How many oranges does Mrs Dawson have in all the jars on her desk?

3: Sam ate 1/5 of a pizza, and Sara ate a ½ of the same pizza.  How much of the pizza is left for Sean to eat?
 
4: Tina and Tom are twins.  Tina saves and Tom spends.  Tom found a $20 note on Sunday evening and spent $2 a day starting on Monday. Coincidentally , Tina started work that Monday and gets $2.50 a day.  How long would it be before Tina has more money than Tom?

11 comments:

  1. My answer for queation 3 is 3 tenths.

    Muti Room5

    ReplyDelete
  2. my answer for the 3rd question is 3/10
    moesha rm5

    ReplyDelete
  3. My answer for queation 4 is 5 days

    Muti Room5

    ReplyDelete
  4. my answer for #3 is

    3/10

    Letisha room 20

    ReplyDelete
  5. my awnser for the 4th question is the 5th day

    by : James timai room5

    ReplyDelete
  6. My answer for question 4 is 5 days

    Phynes
    Rm 5

    ReplyDelete
  7. my answer for no. 4 is 5 days
    5 days
    moesha rm5

    ReplyDelete
  8. my answer for question three is 3 tenths

    my answer for question four is five days

    amerika
    rm5

    ReplyDelete
  9. My answer for question three is 3 tenths

    My answer for question four is five days

    ReplyDelete
  10. my answer for #4 is

    five days

    letisha room 20

    ReplyDelete
  11. , My answer for num 4 is on the 5th day
    nakunoa: "Merenia" ♥ Room 20 (;

    ReplyDelete